Amanda error
  • From: Adilson Oliveira Cruz <adilsonoliveiracruz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:14:29 -0300
Hi people!
I am trying to create a backup server using Amanda , so I have
installed it on a machine (enseada), configurate the server and a
client (itaunas) just for a test. The client have a /homelocal
directory with 8 Gb and and the server have a dds-2 tapedriver with
uses 4Gb tapes (I have 5 of then). So the server must use at least 2
tapes per dump.
I use "amcheck" to test my backup configuration (quinzenal) and it is
ok. So I decide to test my backup and executed "amdump", but after
some minutes the following errors apears:

These dumps were to tape quinzenal01.
The next 5 tapes Amanda expects to used are: a new tape, quinzenal02,
quinzenal03, quinzenal04, quinzenal05.

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
itaunas /homelocal lev 0 FAILED [dump larger than tape, 3959705
KB, but cannot incremental dump new disk]
planner: FATAL cannot fit anything on tape, bailing out

I dont understeand. I know that my directory is bigger than my tape
but why dont Amanda ask for another tape?

Help! :)
Thanks

Adilson