can't add DVD to the installation sources in 9.2
  • From: Gabor Istvan <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 18:35:27 +0100 (CET)
Dear list members:

I have the following problem with DVD installation in SuSE linux 9.2
When I want to add DVD to the installation sources in YaST (YaST ->
Software -> Change source of installation -> Software source media
panel: Add -> DVD) I get the following error message:

Unable to create installation source from URL 'dvd:///'.
Details:
ERROR(Media:mount failed)
Try again?

I have a CD-ROM drive and a DVD burner which were set up by yast
(integrated into system) as cdrom and dvdrecorder, but I do not have a
regular DVD-ROM. I am using subfs with automount. This works
fine, after inserting a DVD or CD into any drive, the media is mounted
and a konqueror window is also opened.

What really strange is if I put an installation CD into the CDROM
drive I can add this installation media to the install sources not only as
CD but also as DVD.

Any idea, what is going on here?
Thanks,
IG