Re: [SLE] Evolution 2.01 crash in Suse 9.2
  • From: Carl William Spitzer IV <cwsiv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 11:12:27 -0800
On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 22:15, Art Fore wrote:
> My wife called and said Evolution crashed when she clicked on an email
> that she received. Went through the bugbuddy report dialog and saved the
> file, but Evolution still will not start.
>
> Any ideas what would cause this or how to recover other than
> reinstalling as I will not be home until Friday. It has been working
> fine up until now. Please remember she is computer illiterate, so she is
> quite frustrated with it right now.

Probabily chinese characterset. I get spam and sometimes legitimate
looking email which either crashes evolution or opens extremely slow
because of chinese characters in the message.

The best way to clear it fast is to select the message above it and
holding <shift> click a message below it then press delete. Then
undelete the two good messages and expunge. The offending message will
be gone and will not hang or crash evolution.

--