Re: [SLE] Postfix - strange behavior after upgrade via YOU
  • From: "Jeffrey L. Taylor" <suse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 17:13:59 -0600
Quoting Ken Schneider <suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 12:52 -0600, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
> > Quoting Oxiel <oxielc@xxxxxxxx>:
> > > Hello gurus:
> > >
> > > I've a mail server with SuSE9.1 and postfix, after
> > > upgrading it via YOU, i can
> > > not send emails to various domains, yahoo, hotmail.
> > > etc
> > >

> > Enable debugging on the domains, one at a time:
> >
> > debug_peer_level = 2
> > debug_peer_list = yahoo.com
> >
> > You may need to add a period to the front of the domain to match all
> > Yahoo mail servers. Find out what is going in each direction. Yahoo
> > appears to be a little more cranky about RFC comformant mail than
> > most.
>
> And a lot more domains are rejecting mail from IP's that are dialup/DSL.
> So that may also be part of the problem.

True, but the error message is usually something more informative. I
see those every week or two. The inexpensive solution is to
"transport" those domains thru my ISP's SMTP server.

It looks like to me someone is out of sync on a pipelining
connection. But I would want to see what went before and after,
before walking out on that limb very far.

Jeffrey

< Previous Next >