RE: [SLE] Setting Windows and Suse partition
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 23:12:00 -0500
On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 07:15, Scorpy wrote:

> [...]

Don't worry about the language, worry about the intent.

> I`ll be using one hard drive with 40GB of space. I need to set up partitions
> like this so I would be able to also exchange information betwen win and
> suse.

There could be a problem if your XP partition is NTFS and not FAT. At
this point NTFS support for write is not stable, though you can find a
site that is trying to use wine and the NTFS library from XP for native
read\writes.

> So I am thinking in creating:
> - winxp partition 30 GB
> - suse partition 10GB (9,5 filesystem and 512MB swap)

> If I later to decide to install one other extra distribution of linux, I
> would be able to resize winxp to smaller partition and create one more. But
> I think that in that case its smarter to create /home partition on suse so I
> can use it in all distributions. Is it posible to also share swap partition?

In this sense you'd want three partitions one '/', one swap and one
'home'. Should you install another Linux then you can use the one swap
partition for both.

> Ok thanks guys...and have a nice day...

Have Fun. :)