Re: [SLE] Postfix - strange behavior after upgrade via YOU
  • From: "B. Stia" <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 00:18:56 -0500
On Saturday 19 March 2005 14:53, Ken Schneider wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 12:52 -0600, Jeffrey L. Taylor wrote:
> > Quoting Oxiel <oxielc@xxxxxxxx>:
> > > Hello gurus:
> > >
> > > I've a mail server with SuSE9.1 and postfix, after
> > > upgrading it via YOU, i can
> > > not send emails to various domains, yahoo, hotmail.
> > > etc

You cannot send it. A very broad term. Are you getting a message?

> > Enable debugging on the domains, one at a time:
> >
> > debug_peer_level = 2
> > debug_peer_list = yahoo.com
> >
> > You may need to add a period to the front of the domain to match
> > all Yahoo mail servers. Find out what is going in each direction.
> > Yahoo appears to be a little more cranky about RFC comformant mail
> > than most.
>
> And a lot more domains are rejecting mail from IP's that are
> dialup/DSL. So that may also be part of the problem.

Be aware that many ISP's are adding some pretty sophisticated spam
blocking programs which require that the sending party have a very
properly set up MTA. Much of it has to do with reverse DNS. AOL has
just this past week started experimenting with these spam filters.

Check your upgrade to see if anything has changed.

Bob S.

< Previous Next >