Any Wireless Card which works with Suse 9.1 Personal
  • From: "Navdeep Virk" <nvirk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:28:15 -0500
I have tried to make the Realtek 8180 card work and have failed after repeated attempts . I have had problems with insmod -f rtl8180_24x.o ,tried to compile ,was not successful ,I guess due different kernel sources etc..
Can somebody suggest a Wireless card which install "Plug and Play " on Suse 9.1 Personal .
Just to elaborate , The realtek card was auto detected on inserting into the pcmcia slot ,but the suse install failed , I tried using Dlink dwl-650+ also ,which is also detected by suse but fails to install it bailing out without leaving any messages in /var/log/messages . May be I am looking at the wrong log file .

If somebody has installed a wireless card painlessly ,I would appreciate a small how to .

I an unrelated question to the subject ,I loaded the kernel sources from a ftp site. How do I build a new kernel now . Any pitfalls if the build fails ?.

TIA
  • No further messages