Re: [SLE] difference between student and regular edition
  • From: Christopher Shanahan <cshanahan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 14:21:55 -0500
On Sunday 20 March 2005 11:05, eh man wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I plan to order a SUSE professional 9.3. There are
> three different packages.

--- snip ---

> My understanding of "update" version is an upgrade
> version based on previous suse installation.

You're 'supposed' to purchase the upgrade edition only if you've previously
purchased a full edition of their software.

I bought the 9.2 Pro upgrade since I previously purchased a full Pro version
(8.1 and 8.2). I talked my employer into purchasing 9.2 Pro as well, though he
purchased the full edition. The only difference was one less manual. The DVDs
and CDs were the same. If you can live without the extra manual then the
upgrade could work for you.

Having said that, and realizing money is an issue for many people, I belive in
supporting the development of OSS, especially Linux developers. Whenever I
can, I purchase and/or donate funds for the software I use. Just MHO.

Chris Shanahan