Re: [SLE] difference between student and regular edition
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:30:07 -0500
eh man wrote:
Hello everyone,

I plan to order a SUSE professional 9.3. There are
three different packages.

9.3 Strong Encryption (128+ bit)
9.3 Update Strong Encryption (128+ bit)
9.3 Student Version Strong Encryption (128+ bit)

My understanding of "update" version is an upgrade
version based on previous suse installation.

What is the difference between regular&student
version?

My may use suse on our desktop and server. Do I have
to order professional and server edition separately?

As far as I know, there's no difference in the software. The full package comes with two manuals. The update is missing the User manual. I don't know what other difference there may be in the Student version, other than perhaps price.