Re: [SLE] difference between student and regular edition
  • From: jfweber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:38:47 -0500
On Sunday 20 March 2005 11:40 am, Fred A. Miller wrote:
> On Sun March 20 2005 11:05 am, eh man wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I plan to order a SUSE professional 9.3. There are
> > three different packages.
> >
> > 9.3 Strong Encryption (128+ bit)
> > 9.3 Update Strong Encryption (128+ bit)
> > 9.3 Student Version Strong Encryption (128+ bit)
> >
> > My understanding of "update" version is an upgrade
> > version based on previous suse installation.
> >
> > What is the difference between regular&student
> > version?
> >
> > My may use suse on our desktop and server. Do I have
> > to order professional and server edition separately?
> >
> > thanks for any input!
>
> The Pro. release and the Upgrade are the SAME, except there's 1 less
> manual, if I remember correctly. The DVD's and CDs ARE the same.
yup, only one book is missing. DVDs and Cds are identical. I've used em a
couple of times.. unless there has been a big change somewhere that might
require some deeper reading; that seldom happens while in a "dot" release.

Biggest problem is finding a place to order them. Suse and co have nicely
provided them on their websites this time. Even for pre-orders ..

That's why I wander & follow la vie dansante
on the nightwind that takes me to where I want
that's all I want .. la vie dansante.