TFTP boot - Installation server
  • From: Ciro Iriarte <cyruspy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:12:39 -0400
Hi, i'm wonder if there is a way to set up an tftp server to boot
servers in a mixed environment, maybe with a menu or something like
that to choose wich image to load. I've seen that it can be easily
done for just one distro/architecture.

Actually i have repositories to install by ftp the following distros:
SL 9.2 (i386/X86_64)
SLES 9 (itanium)
SLES 9 (i386)
RHEL 4 (itanium)
RHEL 4 (i386)

I just go to the server room and boot with the first disc of the
desired distro. I can do the installation, works great. Now I would
like to use the PXE option of the machines, can this be done?, another
problem, there's is already a DHCP server on my network, and can't
touch it (is a windows server)

Thanks in advance.

CI.-