Re: [SLE] PC Crash: Hard Disk Problems
  • From: Martin Deppe <Martin.Deppe@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:12:28 +0100
Kevanf1 wrote:

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:05:22 +0100 (CET), Carlos E. R.
<robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Of course, our 220V is more

dangerous than your 110 (for electrocution, perhaps less for fire),

Hmmm, forgive me if I'm wrong here - and you guys certainly seem to be
far more clued up where electrics are concerned but I have always
thought it had nothing to do with the actual voltage but more to do
with ampage? So if something was a million volts but only 1 milliamp
it would not harm you? Or am I totally off track here?

Take care.

Kevan
Cheslyn Hay
Staffordshire
UK

Sorry that I come in here, but 1 mio volts multiplied by 1 milliamp is still 1 KW, which isn't at all nothing. With only a microamp it might not harm you but I still wouldn't try it ;-)

Take care - especially when it comes to high voltage ;-)
Martin