Re: [SLE] Postfix setting
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:37:28 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2005-03-22 at 08:18 -0500, Ken Schneider wrote:

> > You'll be surprised how many perfectly legit (i.e. non-spam) businesses have mail-servers with
> > IP-addresses without reverse mapping. Well, I certainly was when I tried reject_unknown_client.
> >

> This is my home system so I am not to concerned, main concern is to cut
> back on spam (before it goes to spamassassin) and it is working.

You might as well power off your computer, and revert to surface mail, in
line with Jeffrey comment.

You will be rejecting a lot of legitimate servers, bussiness and private,
and users like me. One of the mail accounts I use doesn't have reverse
dns, simply because the domain was not bought trough the ISP, and the ISP
refuses to adjust reverse mapping (probably till you pay them extra, and
maybe even if you do).

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson