Re: [SLE] Any Wireless Card which works with Suse 9.1 Personal
  • From: "Navdeep Virk" <nvirk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:32:48 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ken Schneider" <suse-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "SuSE email list" <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 8:04 PM
Subject: Re: [SLE] Any Wireless Card which works with Suse 9.1 Personal

On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 19:21 -0500, Nsvirk wrote:
Thanks for lesson in netiquette.
I was able to wrap the NET8180.INF (windows file ) with ndiswrapper -i
NET8180.INF and then did modprobe ndiswrapper.

I hope that helped to get your wireless card working. Don't forget to
save the settings with ndiswrapper -w.

Also when you reply most on this list prefer the you put your answer
below the part of the message you are replying to.

Enjoy SuSE linux, I have been for many years.

Still no luck , the light blinks ,but I cannot get the IP from the router. I cannot change the essid to what I want . dmesg shows wlan0: no IPv6 routers present .iwlink wlan0 scan shows the AP's close by.

--
Ken Schneider

* Only reply to the list please*