Re: [SLE] The nvidia card that tried to kill me....
  • From: Martin Deppe <Martin.Deppe@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 10:37:55 +0100
(Sorry Carlos, I forgot to change the address!)

Carlos E. R. wrote:

The Monday 2005-03-21 at 21:31 -0500, Synthetic Cartoonz wrote:

I decided I was also going to get a nicer, quiet power supply. On removal of the power supply from the case, I was able to read the label on it for the first time -- 180 Watts. D'OH!!! When the new power supply was installed the 3D graphics worked like it should (3500fps! woo hoo!) and the motherboard audio started working.

Interesting... :-o

It also means that motherboards could monitor voltages and give some warning, but they don't. Or the power supply themselves culd beep or light a led, whatever. It is an overload condition.

And again a case of the type of problem I had to fight with quite often now and for some time already. Exactly that!

< Previous Next >