Re: [SLE] gpg-agent & kmail 1.8
  • From: Christopher Shanahan <cshanahan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 13:07:07 -0500
On Tuesday 22 March 2005 23:42, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
> Your last two messages in this thread contain what appears to be a valid
> pgp signature. However, it does not seem to have been published, either
> on pgp.net or keyserver.net. According to the header information, both
> were written with kmail 1.8. Whatever problems do exist with your
> configuration, something does seem to be working.

Yes, my mail seems to be getting signed correctly provided I input my
passphrase when prompted to do so. I have no problem with that. However, I
still get error messages related to gpg-agent, both when I send mail using
kmail and when my system starts -- gpg-agent is set to start automatically --
even though gpg-agent is running. The problem seems to be some sort of
conflict with openssl and one of the new kde packages, I just don't know
which one. Too many packages depends on openssl for me to easily narrow the
list of possible culprits.

Of course, I could be way off base here; however, the error messages
from .xsession-errors (thanks Randall) suggest to me that the problem deals
with openssl since libcrypto.so.0.9.7 is provided by openssl. You tell me. Is
the following error message saying the problem is related to openssl or some
other kde/qt package?

kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7:
undefined symbol: PKCS7_content_free
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7:
undefined symbol: OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7:
undefined symbol: OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_conf
kdecore (KLibLoader): WARNING: KLibrary: /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.7:
undefined symbol: OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms_noconf
gpgmeplug checkMessageSignature status flags: 80

I've spent a fair amount of time searching the kde bug database but I cannot
find any 'new' bugs for this issue as it relates to kde-3.4. I'll keep
searching though.

Again, thanks to all for their responses/hints.

Christopher Shanahan
< Previous Next >