RE: [SLE] place for final commands -- nfs mounts
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 02:46:21 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2005-03-23 at 17:19 -0800, James D. Parra wrote:

> Noticed that nfs mount is running before the network is up and I am getting
> a "Network is unreachable" error when importing the Net File System during
> boot-up.
>
> Under /etc/init.d/rc3.d/ if I were to change S02nfs to S11nfs, since the
> network startup script is called S10network, would nfs start after the
> network is up?

That's not the way to do it in SuSE, because Yast will revert your change
at first opportunity. Rad "man init.d" and the SuSE boot concept chapter in
the admin book. Use chkconfig to install/remove services.

By the way, I have the order reverted to yours (SuSE 9.1):

/etc/init.d/rc3.d/S05network
/etc/init.d/rc3.d/S10nfs

By the way, checking previous mails on this thread (which you mail
program breaks) "Joe Morris (NTM)" told you something last "Tue, 01 Mar
2005 18:25:03 -0600" that you should check, because I think it is related
to your problem now:

Look at the Required-Start line in the scripts. The loop means
inconsistency, one saying it needs something before it another after,
basically a catch 22 situation. Have you changed any Required-Start
lines in any scripts, since it may not be named or nfs but one of their
"requirements".

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson