Re: [SLE] Re: What is the proper way to optimize compilations?
  • From: Philipp Thomas <philipp.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 04:19:13 +0100
"Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx> [20050324 01:39]:

> But I would have thought that files like
> configure.guess or .sub could be common to each installation....

They are :) those two files are maintained in a CVS repository on
subversions.gnu org. From there many projects pull their copies. Many
projects get their version from the automake package.

>I'm not so adventurous ;-)

And it IMHO doesn't get you very much (besides the feeling that you
built everything from scratch :)

Philipp

< Previous Next >