You Don't Know How Good You've Got It!
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:56:54 -0800
Hi,

I started a new job today. The good news is they use Linux. The bad news
is that it's Redhat and it's mandated by company policy (where have we
heard that before?).

Redhat does not hold a candle to SuSE.

What's especially bad is the truly awful font rendering. And the damn
thing's running Mozilla 1.4!

I could rant on, and I'm just starting to get things set up on my
workstation.

Suffice it to say that we SuSE users have it good!

By the way, Mozilla 1.7.6 was released today. You can find
GTK2+xft-enabled builds in
<http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.7.6/contrib/>.
Tarballs only for that build. Stock builds (GTK1) have installers. No
RPMs whatsoever there. I'm sure it'll get packaged into an RPM for SuSE
by someone out there.

Randall Schulz

< Previous Next >