Reconnect to Same VNC Session?
  • From: "L. Mark Stone" <lmstone@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 10:07:14 -0500
I have a SLES9 box to which I have(had) a VNC connection. In the session
I have kwrite open with a large file to which I have made many changes,
but which has not been saved yet.

The network connection between the workstation and the SLES9 box failed,
so the VNC session (running in a browse window) became frozen and
unresponsive.

I'd like to reconnect to that same session, but all I seem to get is a
fresh login screen.

I can see (when logging in in a new, separate session) that the first,
no-longer-accessible Xvnc service is running, as is my kwrite instance.

How can I re-connect to that session, so I can continue working or at
least save the changes I've made so far in kwrite?

Thanks!
Mark
A Message From... L. Mark Stone

Reliable Networks of Maine, LLC

"We manage your network so you can manage your business."

477 Congress Street
Portland, ME 04101
Tel: (207) 772-5678
Web: http://www.rnome.com