Re: [SLE] Compiling Courier-imap Problems
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 00:49:25 +0100 (CET)

The Thursday 2005-03-24 at 12:32 -0500, Lucky Leavell wrote:

> Is there some way to assure this gets done without having to manually
> modify the makefiles? Did I miss something in the recompile process? (I
> did untar the download file and run configure and make as a non-root user;
> make install was run as root.)

You are suppossed to edit the spec file and use rpmbuild. Check this
email:

|Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:40:47 +0200
|From: Öykü Gençay
|Subject: Re: [SLE] How do I recompile a whatever.src.rpm from SuSE?

Mmm, not, that one did not get to the list, somehow. But my answer is
there (http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2003-Feb/0318.html ).

Ok, I'll copy his recomendation here (and he was right):

|Checkout the spec file. You'll see the patches will be applied and conigure
|would be run.
|
|The general procedure is to run
|rpm -bb /usr/src/packages/SPECS/balsa.spec
|
|However if you want to mangle with some of the parameters in the configure
|script. You'd better expand sources and try to manually run configure script
|apply patches etc. But DO NOT run make at all !!! Leave this to rpm. after
|you are satisfied with parameters, edit your SPEC file and add those conigure
|parameters. Those would typically be --with-something=/blabla
|
|If you just want to rebuild the stock RPM, you don't and you are not supposed
|to edit SPEC file.
|
|Hope this helps.

Just substitute rpm with rpmbuild, options changed since then.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson