Re: [SLE] SUSE future
  • From: Colin Carter <colincarter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:35:16 +1100

> > > I used it and it wouldn't load Eterm. Again this isn't about APT or
> > > something else being better. I think I pointed that out in my other
> > > message, this is about getting one of them to be added to SUSE.
> >
> > Then *why* provide an example of a perceived failure of apt to do what
> > you desire when the example merely shows that you have not provided
> > the sources for the desired package(s)? You are inferring by example
> > that apt will not or can not do what you require.
>
> Probably a mistake on my part. I haven't eaten or slept in two days.

Allen, this is serious.
Do a little into 'sleep deprivation' and you will find that it can cause
permanent brain damage. e.g. American radio announcer who stayed
awake for 200 hours for charity, and the family who inherit the gene
which switches off the sleep mechanism at age 40 - they all go mad and
then die within months.
It can easily cause serious delusions- i.e. you begin to dream while you are
awake and thus cannot differentiate between reality and dream.
(In the Australian outback, on a remote road, a friend saw a truck driver
slam on his brakes, jump out and run around. My friend stopped and
the driver wanted to know what had happened to the elephant he saw
cross the road.)

I guess a lot of Linux nuts do this. I am tempted, but I have seen some
serious, and frightening, research into this.

Get some sleep - it does cause permanent damage.
Do some research if you doubt me.
Best wishes,
Colin