Re: [SLE] SMTP Auth howto for 8.2 Professional.
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 16:26:12 +0100
Preston Kutzner wrote:

Tried uninstalling all non-used authentication methods, however I'm
still receiving the same errors. :-/ I have even put a 'postfix' config
file in my pam.d directory (a la my running test relay), although maybe
it's reading the wrong one or isn't right for suse. Here's what I've got:

#%PAM-1.0
auth required pam_nologin.so
auth required pam_unix2.so shadow nodelay
account required pam_unix2.so
session required pam_unix2.so

So, are you trying to verify using a sasldb file or /etc/passwd|shadow?
If the latter try to set

/usr/lib/sasl2/smtpd.conf:
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
mech_list: shadow plain login