Re: [SLE] OT: Email bounce messages
  • From: Roger Beever <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 15:40:00 +0000
On Fri, 2005-03-25 at 08:02 -0600, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
> Preston Kutzner wrote:

> What is even worse is the fact that we are receiving these bounce
> messages at all. The return path on all messages in this list is of the
> form suse-linux-e-return-<msgID>-<subscriber email>@suse.com and that is
> where these bounce messages should be getting sent, not to the
> originator and/or the reply address.
But as discussed on this list before a normal reply does not go to the
list but to the sender. Auto systems won't be clever enough to do a
"reply to list".
No I'm most defiantly not trying to restart that debate
Since this is my first posting in a while I suspect I will receive a
bounce message.
Regards Roger