RE: [SLE] Adaptec 2120 problems
  • From: "Anders Norrbring" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 20:54:45 +0100
> Anders Norrbring wrote:
>
> > Hiya!
> > Anyone with experiences from Adaptec 2120S RAID controllers?
> >
> > I've tried to install one with Compaq 9.1GB disks, the controller low-
> level
> > formats the drives as the correct size.
> > But when I go to the "Manage Arrays" section and should define an array,
> the
> > controller say that the drives are 4GB, not 8.4 as they should be
> > (formatted).
>
> I had a similar experience with that controller. I finally changed the
> cable
> and the terminator to get it running. So I suspect it's a hardware
> problem.

Hmm.. Perhaps that could be a thing. The controller is hooked up to a Compaq
Proliant Rack with Compaq original disks, and they usually terminate
correctly. In any case there are no options to do it in any other way.
Perhaps I should try to play around with the termination options on the
controller in its setup.

Any more ideas, anyone?

Anders.