Display problem
  • From: Chaitanya Krishna A <icymist82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 13:19:00 -0800 (PST)
Hi all,

I installed Firefox on my machine some time back in
the directory /usr/local/firefox-installer/

Now, after installing it in the above directory as
root, I came out and tried to invoke Firefox by giving
$ /usr/local/firefox-installer/firefox
and it gives the following message without invoking
Firefox.
"Xlib: connection to ":0.0" refused by server
Xlib: XDM authorization key matches an existing
client!

(firefox-bin:20819): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open
display:"

Can anyone help? I think my earlier problem and this
are linked.

Thanks for your time.

bye.
chaitanya.