Re: [SLE] Mouse woes -
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:38:45 -0500
On Saturday 26 March 2005 12:58 am, Marc Chamberlin wrote:
<snip>
> Oh sorry Carl, I thought I was replying to the list. I had just hit
> reply, and your email address is very similar to the list's email
> address so I missed it... Was wondering why my post hadn't shown up! ;-)

Not a problem, Marc, it's just nice to keep the threading intact for everybody
else.

> ... But you may be right, as far as the handling of the scroll wheel is
> concerned, which is the only component of this mouse that I am now failing
> to get operating. Somehow, I had experimented around with it under SuSE9.1
> and got it working, but cannot remember how or what mouse driver I was
> using. so I am once again fooling around with it trying to figure out how to
> get it working.

Well, the signals coming out of the cable end that is plugged into your
computer should be no different than the corded version of that mouse, right?
The adapter just translates the RF/IR signals back into normal USB
"mouse-speak" (for lack of a better term) so the computer can interpret it.

I have a corded standard (not USB) Micro Innovations Intelli/Wheel mouse and
the wheels (2) both work. On my 9.2 Pro system, there are two
"Intelli/Wheel" mice listed in YaST's mouse setup module. One is for USB and
the other is for "(Aux-port)". I presume you've tried the USB version? Or
do you not have these models listed on your system?

- Carl

Dover Foxcroft, Maine, USA Public Keys 68396713 & F8207216
----->>>>>http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/supportlinuxbios.html <<<<<-----