Re: [SLE] Book: "SUSE Linux 9 Bible"
  • From: Kevanf1 <kevanf1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 10:02:17 +0000
On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:38:13 +0000, John <John@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I also have a copy of this book.
>
> I have found it useful in some aspects of setting up my system but I
> can't follow its explanation of LDAP (or rather, the computer hasn't
> read the book yet!!)
>
> John
>
> Alberto Omar Rodrigues wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 07:11:06 -0800, Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I'd like to hear from anyone who is familiar with the book "SUSE Linux 9
> >>Bible" (<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764577395/>) to get
> >>their review / impressions of this book.
> >>
> >>Thanks.
> >>
> >>Randall Schulz
> >>

> >Hi Randall
> >
> >I have it, its very usefull for me (I'm far form expert on linux),
> >cames with 9.1 on DVD.
> >Also you can check more here: www.wiley.com/go/suselinux9bible
> >
> >Bye.
> >

> > Alberto Omar Rodrigues
> > Mendoza - Argentina
> >Visite: www.porloschicos.com
> >Visit: www.porloschicos.com/PorLosChicos.NET/index_english.htm
> >

> --

I got the book a couple of weeks ago - the publish date was delayed
from last December. I got mine off Amazon who were by far the
cheapest. First impressions of hte book are very good. It does tend
to go over some stuff in the official manuals but that is to be
expected. I would say go for it if you are a fairly newcomer to Linux
and if you aren't, it would still be very useful. I shall put up a
review on Amazon when I get the chance. Until then, try checking out
the site to see if anybody else has put a review on yet.

--
Take care.
Kevan Farmer

34 Hill Street