Re: [SLE] Mouse woes -
  • From: Marc Chamberlin <marcc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 11:41:50 -0800
clarkt@xxxxxxxx wrote:

Carl E. Hartung wrote:

On Saturday 26 March 2005 12:09 am, Marc Chamberlin wrote:

Hi Marc,

Please send your replies to the list and not to me directly, OK? That
keeps
the threads intact so other people can (hopefully) benefit, too.

Oh sorry Carl, I thought I was replying to the list. I had just hit
reply, and your email address is very similar to the list's email
address so I missed it... Was wondering why my post hadn't shown up! ;-)

... It comes with an adapter that plugs into one of the USB
ports. The mouse connects to the adapter wirelessly.

I'm glad they're not making wired infrared mice now. ;-)

At least you were experimenting with other USB mouse settings. That's
reasonable when your specific model isn't listed. And SuSE/YaST isn't
even
aware that it's an infrared device. That complication is contained
between
the mouse and adapter. As far as the system can tell, you might as well
be
running a standard, corded USB mouse. You /were/ experimenting with
*corded*
USB mice settings, right?

- Carl

Actually I believe this mouse is not infrared, but working at Ghz freqs
via radio. It even comes with a second USB cable that allows the mouse
to be recharged from another USB port, and this chord also acts as an
antenna for the mouse, to further improve the signal, when it is hooked
up to the mouse.. Very handy/nice design, especially in noisy RF
environments like my ham radio shack. But you may be right, as far as
the handling of the scroll wheel is concerned, which is the only
component of this mouse that I am now failing to get operating. Somehow,
I had experimented around with it under SuSE9.1 and got it working, but
cannot remember how or what mouse driver I was using. so I am once again
fooling around with it trying to figure out how to get it working.

Marc...

Marc,
Here is the mouse def from /etc/X11/XF86Config for my usb mouse/wheel

Section "InputDevice"
Driver "mouse"
Identifier "Mouse[3]"
Option "Buttons" "7"
Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
Option "InputFashion" "Mouse"
Option "Name" "USB-Mouse;ExplorerPS/2 on USB"
Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
EndSection

Yours will probably be Mouse[1]

Clark

Yippee! Thanks Clark! That did it! I had made a mistake and set the Device to "/dev/mouse" not to "/dev/input/mice" So a retry and double check of the XF86Config file got me there. And thank you Carl for all your help also! It is much appreciated!

Marc...

< Previous Next >