Re: [SLE] kmail & kwallet
  • From: "B. Stia" <usr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 00:04:59 -0500
On Sunday 27 March 2005 10:09, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A clarification and a correction to my previous post:
>
> On Sunday 27 March 2005 07:03, Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > Bob,

> > Also, in the "Access Control" tab, the outline view shows the
> > Policy "Always allow" under KConfigEditor for the application
> > "kmail".
>
> And I should add I don't remember how I got it like that and cannot
> now see what controls might have allowed it.

Randall,

Hmmmmm.......I did those things also before you posted but I didn't have
anything about "Always Allow" for kmail in Access Control In fact that
large white pane is supposed to have some kind of a tree view for your
applications (according to the kwallet users manual) Mine is blank.
Maybe that is where you saw the "always Allow" thing.

Anyway, that did not cure it for me. Everytime I start up kmail after a
new X session I have to go and put all of my passwords back into the
kmail config. It retains the settings as long as I don't log out and I
can go on and off line as much as needed. Got to be some way to cure
that.

BTW I am running 9.2 with 3.4 and my kwallet management tool is found
under System > Desktop Applet > Wallet Management tool. Seems
everybody has it in a different place. No wonder the Kmenu is such a
mess to configure/customize.

Now !!! I NEED to vent !!
(Start rant )
I really love KDE. I really love the effort and dedication of the KDE
team. It is a great Desktop........BUT !!!.......Why do they just
unload some of this stuff like Kwallet on us. "Surprise !" It is
really really kind of microsoftish ! After they do an upgrade why
can't they warn us on what is added and give us the option to include
it or disable it ???
(end of rant)

Now I have to try and figure out how to straighten out kmail. Must be a
file someplace to edit, or maybe I can figure out how to uninstall
kwallet and that will fix what ever files are effected.

Anybody else has an ideas feel free to chime in.

Bob S.

< Previous Next >