Re: [SLE] Gentoo (was: What is the proper way to optimize compilations?)
  • From: Danny Sauer <suse-linux-e.suselists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 08:57:49 -0600
On Monday 28 March 2005 04:22 am, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Thursday 2005-03-24 at 21:36 -0600, Danny Sauer wrote:
> > --Danny, whose car mp3 player was originally running a very stripped
> > down SuSE.
>
> Well, it should be :-)
>
> Did you do it yourself, or did you bought it ready to play?

It's a Socket-7 based AT motherboard with a Cyrix chip and a MatrixOrbital
VFD (and an ESS1371-based sound card). I built it all myself, before that
kind of thing got real popular.

I started documenting it at http://www.dannysauer.com/cdproject/ once, but
that was obviously never completed (or spellchecked / grammar checked).
I've recently started working on it again, and will likely have updates at
http://www.dannysauer.com/projects/fom-files/cache/15.html when I get
around to it. Or maybe I'll use a wiki instead of FOM - who knows. Either
way, I'm using a Gentoo system built with their Catalyst tool this time. :)

--Danny, wishing that Catalyst was a bit better documented...

< Previous Next >