Re: [SLE] Replacement Motherboard Recommendation?
  • From: mikus@xxxxxxx (Mikus Grinbergs)
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 11:09:27 -0600
> Actually what I really wanted to rant about is ATI - whatever
> motherboard you eventually decide to go for, just make sure you
> don't pair it up with an ATI graphics card - for this path will
> undoubtably lead to pain.

Had a machine that would run a couple of days, then freeze.
Could not find the problem. In desperation, started changing
components one at a time. Finally, when I replaced the video
card with an ATI, the machine's flaky behavior stopped.

Since then, my several SuSE systems have ATI cards.
The systems are running with ATI's 3D drivers.
And I have not noticed any particular pain.

mikus

< Previous Next >