Re: [SLE] /var/log/boot.log is 0 bytes
  • From: Lawrence Bowie <thesource@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:01:24 -0500
# /etc/syslog.conf - Configuration file for syslogd(8)
#
# For info about the format of this file, see "man syslog.conf".
#

#
#
# print most on tty10 and on the xconsole pipe
#
kern.warning;*.err;authpriv.none /dev/tty10
kern.warning;*.err;authpriv.none |/dev/xconsole
*.emerg *

# enable this, if you want that root is informed
# immediately, e.g. of logins
#*.alert root

#
# all email-messages in one file
#
mail.* -/var/log/mail
mail.info -/var/log/mail.info
mail.warning -/var/log/mail.warn
mail.err /var/log/mail.err

#
# all news-messages
#
# these files are rotated and examined by "news.daily"
news.crit -/var/log/news/news.crit
news.err -/var/log/news/news.err
news.notice -/var/log/news/news.notice
# enable this, if you want to keep all news messages
# in one file
#news.* -/var/log/news.all

#
# Warnings in one file
#
*.=warning;*.=err -/var/log/warn
*.crit /var/log/warn

#
# save the rest in one file
#
*.*;mail.none;news.none -/var/log/messages

#
# enable this, if you want to keep all messages
# in one file
#*.* -/var/log/allmessages

#
# Some foreign boot scripts require local7
#
local0,local1.* -/var/log/localmessages
local2,local3.* -/var/log/localmessages
local4,local5.* -/var/log/localmessages
local6,local7.* -/var/log/localmessages

Check /var/log/localmessages for your boot messages ...

Andreas Philipp wrote:

Felix,