Re: [SLE] /var/log/boot.log is 0 bytes
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 22:53:13 -0500
Scott Leighton wrote:

> On Monday 28 March 2005 7:09 pm, Felix Miata wrote:

> > SuSE's /var/log/boot.msg, which has no Mandrake counterpart, bears
> > little resemblance to Mandrake's /var/log/boot.log, and has no value for
> > this diagnostic exercise. I need to get SuSE to generate a similar file
> > to do me any good.

> Did you try dmesg, it may display what you want.

No. It overflows the screen, and also lacks the timestamps of boot.log
that I use to narrow down points of interest. Where does its output come
from?
--
"In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you."
Matthew 7:12 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/