Re: [SLE] /var/log/boot.log is 0 bytes
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 23:20:58 -0500
Scott Leighton wrote:

> On Monday 28 March 2005 7:53 pm, Felix Miata wrote:

> > Scott Leighton wrote:

> > > Did you try dmesg, it may display what you want.

> > No. It overflows the screen, and also lacks the timestamps of boot.log
> > that I use to narrow down points of interest. Where does its output come
> > from?

> dmesg | less

> No idea where the output comes from, possibly it's a specially formatted
> version of boot.msg, but I really don't know.

Dmesg doesn't tell me anything about when the messages were generated,
so is of marginal help. Redirected dmesg output to a file is equally
unhelpful.
--
"In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you."
Matthew 7:12 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/