Re: [SLE] PVR card recommendations
  • From: Louis Richards <louis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 10:35:36 -0500
On Monday 28 March 2005 10:02 pm, John Scott wrote:
> I'm getting ready to build a pvr box for home. I'm looking at either
> a Hauppage card or an nVidia card (either the tuner card or the
> personal cinema cards). Can anyone chime in with experience with
> either of these or maybe have a recommendation for a different card?

I'm using the Hauppauge PVR 250 and I am very happy with it. These cards come
with several different tuners and I did have to patch the tuner module for
mine. If you get static on your screen check out:

http://205.209.168.201/~ckennedy/ivtv/new_tuners/

I had MythTV running under SuSE 9.1 for a while and then set up a dedicated
KnoppMyth (R4V5) box. I still had to patch the tuner module, but everything
else just worked out of the box, including the remote.

I love the web interface and with the addition of:

http://mythstreamtv.sourceforge.net/

You can stream your recordings over the web.

--
Louis Richards