Re: MySQL Table Locked?
  • From: Andrew Choens <andy.choens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 12:29:38 -0500
I think upgrading may be the route I go as well. Yeah, I tried
unlocking. No dice.

Here's what I tried. I backed up ALL of the tables in the schema
called TLP. I dropped the tables and then I dropped the schema.
After that, I reset mysqld, just to make sure it had cleared it's
memory. I then used the sql file to restore my schema, with all of
the tables included.

This worked just fine. However, I seem to only have read access on
the table adults. I've checked the table for errors, and mysql says
it is fine. I can edit all of the other tables via the KIO slave as
well as via ODBC, so I know those are set up and functioning
correctly. OOo can't edit the table, Tora gets error messages, etc.
I can rename it though, which I found odd, even though that doesn't
seem to change it's behavior (It's still locked).

Oddly enough, on the suggestion of someone else on the list, I tried
webmin, and this tool seems to be able to edit my database just fine,
as user achoens OR root. I don't know why, but right now, webmin is
the only way I can change the data in this table.

This is a BIG thanks to the folks over at webmin.

--andy