Re: [SLE] help with Boot messages wanted
  • From: "Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)" <hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 19:27:05 +0200
Carlos E. R. wrote:
The Tuesday 2005-03-29 at 09:33 +0100, Phil Burness wrote:

I get the following boot messages, should I worry?

<6>Partition check:
<6> hda: hda1 hda2 hda3
<4>hda: dma_intr: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
<4>hda: dma_intr: error=0x84 { DriveStatusError BadCRC }
[snip]

Continuous, or only once, during boot? The latest, some people seems to get similar messages. Perhaps not important, the kernel trying something. If it then says dma dissabled, then there is a problem. If you get more, yes, worry.
Phil, I do not want to alarm you but, Carlos, Is it possible these boot messages are coming from smartctl? That the drive may actually be failing?

I also get the following:-
SIOCADDRT: Network is down
SIOCADDRT: Network is down
Network cable not plugged in or faulty, NIC still working? Otherwise as Carlos says, Dunno

Hylton Conacher - Linux user # 229959 at http://counter.li.org
Currently using SuSE 9.0 Professional with KDE 3.1