Re: [SLE] Where am I
  • From: "Carl E. Hartung" <suselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:41:53 -0500
On Wednesday 30 March 2005 01:30 pm, Ken Schneider wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-03-30 at 13:23 -0500, Carl E. Hartung wrote:
> > I use KMail, too. If I'm reading, say, your post to SLE and I hit the
> > "L"
> > key, KMail launches a reply to the list. If I hit the "R" key,
> > however, it
> > launches a reply to /you/. I learned that from Patrick Shanahan, btw,
> > so all
> > props go to him. ;-)
>
> Don't know if this will work with kmail, it does with evolution. I
> highlight the text I want in my reply and do a reply to list and the
> only text in the compose window is the highlighted text. Helps for
> replying to posts that are hundreds of lines long and you only want to
> include a small portion.

Hi Ken,

That works in KMail, too. It's very convenient. Now all I have to figure out
is how to fix this wretched text=flowed "unformatting" of the quoted text.
See what it does, above? I've tried widening the word-wrap threshhold,
narrowing it and even setting it to /no/ right-hand margin. No dice. Any
thoughts?

- Carl

Dover Foxcroft, Maine, USA Public Keys 68396713 & F8207216
----->>>>>http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/supportlinuxbios.html <<<<<-----