Sound Card Problems - SB0400 Audigy 2 Value
  • From: William Lugg <wlugg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 18:43:00 -0700
I recently installed SuSE 9.2 on my AMD64 machine that runs a Creative
Soundblaster (Model SB0400) Audigy 2 Value. I've updated through YOU to the
latest kernel. YaST can't configure the soundcard so I contacted the
alsa-user list and a poster said that I needed the latest version of Alsa
since support for this card was just added.

My questions are as follows:
1. I have to recompile the alsa kernel modules. When I went to the Alsa site,
there were six or seven items I could download, but it was not clear which I
need to get sound for gaming and music playback to work. Is the driver
module all I need?

2. I assume that I need to uninstall the alsa components that YaST installed
originally, right?

3. Does anybody have any other pointers that might help me get this done?

I asked these questions on the alsa-user list, but got no response, so I
thought I'd try here. Also, I'm still kind of green at doing this kind of
work, so I want to be sure that I don't hose something up in the process.

thanks for the help.
--
Bill Lugg
Milstar Software Support