Re: [SLE] mail storage solution
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 04:39:51 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2005-01-31 at 17:24 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> > Unfortunately Kmail doesn't provide for that, though it's been
> > requested. I don't know about other Linux mailers.
>
> mutt, and perhaps pine

No, Pine can not read email from a CD, it complains that it can not write
to it - apparently it wants to change the "read" status, "answered", and
such. Unless there is a trick I haven't discovered.

> > I don't know why Kmail doesn't have this obvious enhancement.
>
> ??

Mmm. Perhaps. You (well, the OP) could try separating the mail folders
(mbox format) on a directory on the CD, and the indexes files locally on
the HD. I can think this out another day, I'm interested myself.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >