Re: [SLE] Czech Post Office Adopts SUSE Linux
  • From: Tony Alfrey <tonyalfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 06:39:13 -0800
Kastus wrote:
On Mon, Jan 31, 2005 at 07:58:49AM -0800, Tony Alfrey wrote:

Say, did you hear that the US Postal Service is going to switch to linux?
Buohahahaha!!!!!11!
(Ooops, sorry, not April 1st yet).

You may laugh at it but according to http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/4594,

``The United States Postal Service has over 900 computer systems, each consisting of eight Linux machines, that are used to convert mail piece images into the destination address text.''

And that was dated 2001-05-19

I am pleased and amazed. There clearly must be some other reason that they send my mail to the other side of the city.

--
Tony Alfrey
tonyalfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx