Re: [SLE] Czech Post Office Adopts SUSE Linux
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:06:15 -0800
Tony,

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 06:57, Tony Alfrey wrote:
> Randall R Schulz wrote:
> > Tony,

> > The USPS is an extremely effective and efficient organization. If
> > you're one of those "government is always less efficient than
> > private enterprise" types, stow it. That's pure dogma, and as such,
> > predictably false.
>
> While I am impressed, and did not know, that the USPS is using linux,
> my personal experience is that, at the interface between the
> organization and the customer, the USPS is dysfunctional. I could go
> on at length about specific instances where at least this portion of
> the organization is totally broken, but we should do that off-list so
> as not to chew up bandwidth. And my post above was driven by this
> personal experience, not by some pre-conceived notion about the
> relative efficiency of government versus private organizations, which
> we might also discuss at length. But not here.

My experience is that while overworked, USPS workers do a good job and
will even go above and beyond on occasion. The service they provide is
excellent and quite reliable. Were the USPS actually "dysfunctional" (a
rather strong word), there would be strong and widespread discontent
and something would have had to give. The USPS is far from
"dysfunctional."

> This thread is dying.

Certainly you should not feel compelled to reply.

> Tony Alfrey

Randall Schulz

< Previous Next >