Re: [SLE] mouse/trackball cleaning (OT)
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 11:57:52 -0500
On Tuesday 01 February 2005 06:10 am, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> I have a logitech trackman marble+, an optical trackball, and it works
> fine. However, I have found that, at lest on all suse linux versions I
> tried, it can not track fast mouse movements - but I know it is not a
> hardware problem, because windows can track it as fast as I can move
> it: therefore, it is a linux software problem somewhere.
>
> But it is not only optical mice: my other machine, with a normal mouse,
> has the same problem. Both plug to the ps/2 port (/dev/psaux). A serial
> mouse worked faster, but I wanted the comm  port free.

I use the same mouse here and don't have any tracking problems when moving it
- fast or slow. Running 9.2 here.

I *do* have a problem sometimes with it making a 'jump' movement when I am
trying to zero in on something with the cursor. For example, getting ready
to click on a kmail folder or email line and it jumps up one line. Same with
a menu choice.