Re: [SLE] Problem with SuSE 9.2 and SATA
  • From: Andre Truter <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 19:32:13 +0200
On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 11:56:44 +0200, Hylton Conacher (ZR1HPC)
<hylton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > I have installed 9.1 again and it is running with the shipped kernel.
> > I cannot even upgrade the kernel.
> Perhaps it is possible to recompile the 9.2 kernel for your MB?

I don't know what to enable in the kernel to get it to work. I
suppose I can go through a process of elimination, but unfortunately
the box is a clients and it needs to go back in production as he needs
the temporary backup box for other work.

So we have to live with 9.1 for now.

The client will buy a proper backup box later and by that time the
next release of SuSE should be out, then we can try again.

--
Andre Truter | Software Engineer | Registered Linux user #185282
ICQ #40935899 | AIM: trusoftzaf | http://www.trusoft.za.org