Re: [SLE] mail storage solution
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:38:17 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2005-02-01 at 13:33 -0500, Paul W. Abrahams wrote:

> If I were to do symlinking at all, it would probably be from a subfolder. But
> I'm still not satisfied with that solution, for several reasons. For
> instance, would Kmail get a bad case of indigestion if the symlink is to a
> read-only directory such as a CD?

I would like to try the following. In a new subfolder, create symlinks to
mailfolders in the CD, but not to the index files, which will reside in
the new subfolder in the HD.

I know I'm fuzzy, but perhaps you get the idea? I haven't tried it myself,
but I intend to, sometime.

> More important, I'm looking for a way to
> *temporarily* connect to an archive folder and choose that folder
> dynamically. Sure, I could create a symlink and later remove it, but as I

You probably do not need to remove the symlink.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson

< Previous Next >