Re: [SLE] mouse/trackball cleaning (OT)
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:49:06 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2005-02-01 at 11:57 -0500, Bruce Marshall wrote:

> I use the same mouse here and don't have any tracking problems when moving it
> - fast or slow. Running 9.2 here.

ps/2 port? Maybe my hardware is funny, but it happened on two PCs. If
I move really fast, the cursor freezes for a moment, it looses data sent
from the mouse.

For example, I send the ball spinning on its hole, and the cursor just
dances about the same spot till the ball slows down. In windows it bangs
to the border, fast.

> I *do* have a problem sometimes with it making a 'jump' movement when I am
> trying to zero in on something with the cursor. For example, getting ready
> to click on a kmail folder or email line and it jumps up one line. Same with
> a menu choice.

Setting two speeds helps. Acceleration, I think they call it. But my mouse
does not moves by "lines", just by pixels. Or do you refer to the wheel?
That one jumps, yes. Touchy design.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson