Re: [SLE] mouse/trackball cleaning (OT)
  • From: Darryl Gregorash <raven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 19:39:32 -0600
Peter B Van Campen wrote:

On Tuesday 01 February 2005 7:00 pm, Darryl Gregorash wrote:

Doug McGarrett wrote:

Much of the standard "knowledge" says to clean
mice and trackballs <snip>

All of this is --precisely-- the reason I switched to an optical
mouse, and I have never regretted it. I have absolutely no problems
with it, unlike some of the others. In particular, when I move the
mouse, the cursor reacts immediately, whether the motion is fast or
slow. Haven't tried it on games, but I don't think it would be a
problem there.

It's a Logitech USB mouse with a PS/2 adapter. No @#$%$#^% way am I
going to hang a 9600 baud device off a multi- megabit USB port!! :-)

Hi,

I have 2 systems with Logitech Marbel trackballs Optical. One is native plugged into USB 1.x port on SUSE 8.2 and the other is same model but plugged into PS/2 port via Ligitech adapter supplied.

When I 'snap' my finger on the ball for a burst of rapid movement I see the 'stuck cursor' mentioned on the PS/2 connected TB, but on the USB connected TB the cursor moves fasted than I can see.

What can I say? Does the same mouse on the same PS/2 port work OK in Wi????? I can only report my experience, which is good.

< Previous Next >