Re: [SLE] problems with Iomega Zip drives in Suse 9.2
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin1.listas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:36:51 +0100 (CET)

The Tuesday 2005-02-01 at 22:48 +0100, pelibali wrote:

> OK, I agree: on 9.1 the setup of my parallel Iomega drive was close to
> a real nichtmare... Now I have subfs disabled, and it's just fine with
> the
>
> /dev/sda1 /media/zippo vfat noauto,user,exec,sync 0 0
>
> fstab entry.

I have:

/dev/sda1 /media/zip auto defaults,noauto,user,exec 0 4
/dev/sda4 /media/zip2 auto defaults,noauto,user,exec 0 0

I have had that setting for years, and 9.1 worked first time, but I never
allowed it to use automount. The only snag is that I have to issue
"modprobe imm" manually. I would like to automate it somehow, so that
issuing the mount command triggers the module loading as needed. It should
be possible, I suppose, but I haven't bothered much to learn how.

--
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson