Re: [SLE] Windows Media Codecs Install?
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 10:05:20 -0500
On Wed February 2 2005 1:39 am, Doug B wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 February 2005 12:17 am, Keith wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I would like to install the windows media codecs in SuSE 9.1 Pro. Is
> > there a RPM available or tarball
> > and anyone now of a web site with instructions for setting everything
> > up?
>
> SuSE win32 codecs rpm is available here:
> http://packman.links2linux.org/?action=046
>
> Don't know what you mean by 'setting everything up.  If you have a
> program installed that can use the codecs, install the rpm should be
> all you need.  If  you need an app to use the codecs, I would suggest
> mplayer available here:
> http://packman.links2linux.org/?action=128
> note the additionally needed packages note at the bottom of that page.

I get something like "not demultiplexed" as an error while trying to play a
dvd movie. What I'd like is to be able to watch a movie with xine, but so far
it won't get past the stinking "protections." And, yes......I've installed
the codecs.

Fred

--
The only bug free software from MickySoft is still shrink-wrapped
in their warehouse..."